The German IPCC Coordination Office
We are the central contact point for science, government, and the public as well as for German media for questions regarding the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). For further information in English, please visit the IPCC homepage.
In 1998, the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB) established the German IPCC Coordination Office hosted by the DLR Project Management Agency in Bonn (DLR e.V. German Aerospace Centre).
- Facilitate knowledge transfer between climate research and climate policy
- Inform the German public on IPCC work
- Strengthen the contribution of the German climate science to IPCC work
- Contribute to the design of the IPCC process
- Ensure the quality of the IPCC assessment reports.
- Advise and assist BMUB and BMBF on IPCC matters
- Support German climate scientists in contributing to IPCC’s work as authors or experts
- Inform about IPCC procedures and activities as well as facilitate access to IPCC products
- Help strengthening the IPCC as an institution, improving its procedures and ensuring the quality of its reports.
The German IPCC Coordination Office thereby promotes the integration of the results of German research in international scientific assessments on climate change and disseminates IPCC findings to the German public.