This is the website of the German IPCC Coordination Office. We are the central contact point in Germany for researchers, government and the public as well as for German media regarding questions about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Please note that we cannot provide our complete content in English. For further information in English, please visit the IPCC website.
The German IPCC Coordination Office was established in 1998 and is hosted by the DLR Project Management Agency in Bonn (DLR e.V. German Aerospace Center). We are contracted by the German Federal Foreign Office (AA; German IPCC Focal Point) and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Facilitate the knowledge transfer between climate research and climate policy
- Inform the German public on the IPCC's work
- Strengthen the contribution of climate research in Germany to the IPCC's work
- Contribute to the development of the IPCC process
- Ensure the quality of IPCC assessment reports.
- Advise and assist AA and BMBF on IPCC matters
- Support German climate researchers in contributing to the IPCC’s work as authors or experts
- Inform about IPCC procedures and activities as well as facilitate access to IPCC products
- Help strengthening the IPCC as an institution, improving its procedures and ensuring the quality of its reports.
The German IPCC Coordination Office thereby promotes the integration of research results from Germany in international scientific assessments on climate change and disseminates IPCC findings to the German public.